Wednesday, August 11, 2010

This

So I suppose I should begin with a post about me.
Yes, one of those generic posts that tell you all the things I like, all the foods I eat, what my shoe size is, and how often I use the bathroom.

I’ll spare you all those boring details and just get to the good stuff.

I’m a college student. I’m short. I’m an artist. And I procrastinate.

A lot.

And by a lot I mean that right now, at the time of me typing this, I am supposed to be working on 30 illustrations for my friend.
So why aren’t I doing them?

Well, for one thing, I’m having a serious problem with my drawing skills right now.
Like, I can draw this…


…but I can’t draw something serious.
And since I don’t want the drawings he is paying me to do to look like this…

even though this is kinda badass


…I have to buckle down and do well.
So why can’t I?

I don’t have the answers, but I can suspect that it has to do with me not being responsible.
So that’s why I made this blog thingy.

Yeah, my logic is a little flawed, but oh well.
I imagine that this thingy will give me the incentive to get off my lazy ass and write and draw things and maybe update once or twice a week. For some reason, my mind equates this with getting stuff done on time.


I probably won’t make the deadline for my own updates, but we’ll see.

Oh yeah, I should probably talk about that nerdy guy in the banner and the background image.





That’s Rob. He’s my boyfriend.
He shows up a lot in my drawings.
Expect him.
If you don’t like it, then… well… no one loves you.



:D

4 comments:

  1. So now I'm reduced to a guy who shows up in between lines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice drawings you got going on. Rob will probably turn into a great Memetic Mutation! I'll stick around and probably tell some people about this because this is genuine talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob... at least you're in there somewhere. I squeezed that child out of my BODY and I got nothin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Who needs a REAL JOB?! I got a BLOG. image. Quite funny. Your other drawings are good and I like the coloring used on the squids. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete